Tuesday 26 September 2017

Energy bill savings made from using renewables

With the winter bill in, I have graphed my energy savings after gradually adding renewable energy sources to the house I bought in May 2015. The improvements include solar PV, solar hot water, a home battery with energy management system, double-glazed windows to living area and disconnecting gas to have an all-electric home. These savings were achieved while charging, at home, a plug-in hybrid car and a cordless battery-powered lawn mower.



The figures for the graph include the supply and service fees minus the solar feed in tariff for extra solar energy going to the grid. Where appropriate, the gas figures were added to those of electric. Once being off gas, there was a good saving by only having the one service fee as my gas bill was 80% service fee! However, most of the savings were gained by adding the renewables. The figures do not include discounts, rebates and concessions which I do receive because I am retired.

For more information about the house features, renewables and chronological order of adding improvements please see the page called “My House”

No comments:

Post a Comment