Tuesday 21 November 2017

Graphs of my home energy use and costs updated

Home Energy Graphs: left usage from the grid and right energy costs (supply + service - feed in tariff)
With the arrival of my spring bill, I have added the data for that quarter to my graphs on My House page. On the left is the average daily energy use from the grid and on the right are the costs of the energy supply plus the service fees less the feed in tariffs.

I moved into the house in May 2015 and gradually added solar panels, solar hot water (thus quitting gas), home battery and double-glazed windows. The reduction in energy use and costs was achieved while charging a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) and cordless electric lawn mower.

For features of my house and explanation of graphs, see My House. For the details of estimated costs of charging my PHEV by using renewables and the grid, see My Car.

Postscript: A similar outcome: How I learned to slash my power bill, with solar and storage. One Step off the Grid, March 14, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment